Recurring Portfolio Funding
With recurring Portfolio funding, you can automatically invest in ETFs and fund your portfolios, all on a schedule you choose. This is one of the options you can choose to develop investing habits and build your portfolio for the long term. Just remember with investing, your capital is always at risk.
How Recurring Portfolio Funding works
For example, let’s say you set up recurring fundings to add €500.00 on the 5th of each month. On that date every month, we will automatically fund €500.00 to your chosen portfolio. Which means you won’t have to do it manually anymore.
How to set Recurring Portfolio Funding
1. Login to your account and press “Payments” from the navigation bar
2. Click on “Make a direct debit”
3. Click on “Add a direct debit”
Note: On this page you’ll be able to see all your current direct debit information.
4. Change Fund from “Once only” to “Every month”
Once you change you’ll have to choose:
- Goal to fund (e.g., EEA Portfolio)
- Recurring Portfolio Funding date (e.g., On every 10th of the month)
- Amount per Month (e.g., €500)
Once you’ve chosen everything click on “Continue”
5. If everything looks good, click “Confirm“
6. Congratulations, Recurring Portfolio Funding is set up!
How does it work when you transfer money?
1. Money leaves your account via the payment method. In some circumstances, we can show this as an upcoming payment that gets cleared in step 3
2. It arrives at AION’s Barclays account in the currency of your Portfolio (in this case €). This is why it’s important to use a method that doesn’t incur currency exchange fees.
3. We process it and assign it to your Portfolio (in the example case “EEA Portfolio”) as cash.
4. On the next trading day that cash and any other cash already on the Portfolio is gathered up and is eligible for trading.
It usually takes 1-3 days until the direct debit has been withdrawn from the client account and reaches the ETFmatic account.
GoCardless will notify you via email 3 days in advance each time you are charged.